Monday, May 2, 2016

Here to Stay!

Leihdeih Hou!

     I'm sorry about last week! I wrote up the email, but I guess I forgot to press send! Oops! I promise I am alive and well! We had transfers this past week and Sister Dolben and I are staying together in Yuen Long! I am SO happy! Sister Dolben is amazing and we are going to make some amazing things happen in Yuen Long before she goes home in July! I also love Yuen Long SOOO much! The ward is amazing and I have really built up some good relationships with the members. The work is moving along at the pace the Lord wants it to be and I seriously love every single one of my investigators and less actives! I honestly would've been so disappointed if I was moved to a different area, but I would've gone where the Lord wanted me to go. 

     We went with our ward today to go barbecue in Sai Kung which is on the other side of Hong Kong. It was so fun! Wards typically only do it like once a year so this was a nice treat and my first time doing it! It's similar to our campfires. You cook mostly meats but they also had corn, sweet potatoes, marshmallows, stuff like that. They also make toast and put honey on it and it was super good! I'm definitely bringing that method back to America haha!

     I also had something interesting happen last week. We went finding with our ward and while we were handing our flyers to people, we met someone who was a return missionary and travelling around Hong Kong. He served in Yuen Long over 30 years ago and was trying to find the church. His brother was also with him and his brother is Brother Hawkin(Hawkins?) from the Griffin Ward! Who ever would have thought I would meet someone from America in Yuen Long, much less someone whose ward used to be in our stake! Crazy!

     I promise I will have more to share with you next week! But until then, I hope all of you have a great week full of blessings and miracles! I love you all!
Scirpture of the Week: Moroni 8:3 Pray for others and have the faith that the Lord will help them overcome any challenges they may be facing and endure to the end.
Quote of the Week: Always have a prayer in your heart for others (Henry B. Eyring)
Sister Maggie Shiffert



Barbecuing with the ward! It's called siu yeh in Cantonese :) 



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment