Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Leihdeih Hou!

     How was your week? Mine has been full of craziness but it's ok because I am about to go to the temple and feel the peace and happiness found inside :) There's not much to write this week, but there are a lot of pictures with captions! :)

     The work is moving along pretty. Sister Dolben and I had a nice realization this past week. Recently, all of our investigators have either stopped answering their phones or are too busy to meet with us.  We were feeling a little down, and our district leader asked us if we knew why we were called to serve in Yuen Long. We know we are here for a reason, but we didn't know what that reason was. After a lot of heartfelt prayer and discussion, we determined the Lord wants us to focus on our members and less actives. It fits perfectly with President Uchtdorf's talk about rescuing the lost sheep. These less actives are lost and we are determined to go find them and bring them home. We will still work with our investigators, but we are also going to start focusing more on less actives. I feel really good about this and we know this is why the Lord called us to Yuen Long at this time. 

     Well, as of last Thursday, I have been on my mission for 6 months! That's insane! I can't believe I am already 1/3 of the way done with my mission! I swear I've only been on my mission for 6 weeks lol! These past 6 months have honestly been the happiest 6 months of my life. I am so glad I made the decision to serve a mission! It has been the best decision of my life so far. So for any of you considering serving a mission, do it! I promise you there are so many miracles and blessings in store that you can't even imagine right now. I know that's what happened to me. I didn't know I could grow and learn so much in such a short period of time. I am excited to see what the next year brings! 

     I hope all of you have an awesome week! I love each and every one of you!
Scripture of the Week: 2 Nephi 4:34-35 Trust in the Lord, not in yourself. Ask Him for anything, and He will answer you.
Quote of the Week: You can have what you want, or you can have something better (Elder Jeffery R. Holland)

Sister Maggie Shiffert

These are all the people in the New Territories zone!

All the people from our MTC group who hit their 6 month mark! (And Elder Peterson's companion Elder Oquist lol)


​I found out you can take brownie batter and microwave it in a little bowl for a minute and you have a perfect brownie! This is how missionaries improvise when you don't have an oven haha! (Good tip for college that I probably shouldn't have known lol!) Happy 6 months!


​We got locked out of our apartment. Again. Yay for Locked Out of Your Apartment Part 4! This time we had the key, but the lock to the gate iis messed up so we couldn't get in. 

​I ate chicken feet for the first time! They were delicious! Just kidding, they were gross. They don't have any meat on them so it's like eating only the skin part of a chicken leg. It wasn't awful, but I wouldn't do it again if I had a choice. 



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment