Monday, April 4, 2016

Good Things Happening

Leihdeih Hou!

     This week has been pretty busy. We did 24-hour exchanges and I stayed in Yuen Long again. My new companion was Sister Chi and she was awesome. She's so sweet and an amazing missionary. We had a meeting with our bishop to discuss our investigators and less actives and different ways we can find new investigators. I was stressing out because usually Sister Redd or Sister Dolben would take over, but this time it was all on me because Sister Chi doesn't know any of the people in Yuen Long. My lanugage is still far from fluent, but it went okay though. Our bishop is amazing! He was helping us think of ways to find new investigators and giving us some ideas as to where we could go and what time and different approaches we could make. He has been really trying hard these past couple months to help us out, and I makes me happy because I feel like part of the ward. I have a strong feeling though that this is foreshadowing and the Lord's way of telling me I'm going to train next transfer and that's terrifying. I know the Lord doesn't call the qualified but qualifies the called, but it's still scary to think about because I still have no idea what I'm doing haha! 

     Sister Dolben and I are growing closer and our unity just keeps getting better. She is an awesome step-trainer even though she thinks she's not really doing anything. She makes up for all of my weaknesses and makes me a better missionary. We have been working so hard this week trying to get new investigators and working with the ones we have. Our new investigator Gei Siu Je came to church yesterday and she brought her son! They were only there for testimony meeting because they got there late, but I still think she enjoyed it. She even asked to stay for a baptism the other ward was having! We will definitely have to talk things a little slower with her so she doesn't feel pressured, but she's awesome :)

     We haven't been in contact with Jasmine in over a week and that's really concerning us. We taught her two Wednesdays ago and she was fine and happy to see us, but now, nothing. We knows she's really busy and stressed because her DSC (a big test similar to the SAT I think) is coming up, but for her to not answer her phone or text us is really strange. She's not the kind of person to just drop off the face of the earth with no explanination. We have fasted and prayed for her so we have faith that this week she is going to answer us and she'll explain everything and it's all going to be ok. If the Lord wanted us to get in touch with her by now, it would have happened. So we are just patiently waiting and hoping she's ok. We are likely going to have to push her baptism date back to sometime in May, but that's ok. I would rather push it back to November and her have a solid testimony of coming to church than baptizing her now and having her less active within a year.

     We had another miracle at church though! We were just sitting in Relief Society and all of a sudden Lam Ji Muih just walks in the dorr and sits down. Her whole family is inactive and we have been working with her for a while too. She and her husband always tell us they will come to church, but then they never do. But Lam JM came all on her own! She stayed for all the meetings and even bore her testimony in sacrament meeting! What?! All of these less actives keep surprising me out of nowhere! First Jessie, then Wan JM, and now Lam JM! It's crazy! We also saw Wan JM at church yesterday. She even brought her daughter Crystal. I really miss teaching her so much, but it's good to see she's coming back to church and building her testimony back up. Hopefully we can get Lam JM to do the same so she can be an example to her family.

     I hope all of you had a great week and the chance to see general conference! We get to watch it this weekend so I am super excited! You can definitely look forward to some of my thoughts from our modern day prophet and apostles! have a great week everyone! I love you all!
Scripture of the Week: Ether 12:27 The Lord will make our weak things stronger if we humble ourselves and rely on Him.
Quote of the Week: The Savior brought hope ot the hopeless and strength to the weak (Thomas S. Monson)

Sister Maggie Shiffert

24 hour exchanges with Sister Chi!

Lunch with all of the sisters in our zone before 24 hour exhanges

We figured out how to put together a new water filter for our apartment!


Weekly Planning time!​




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment