Monday, March 28, 2016

Ask And Ye Shall Receive...

Leihdeih Hou!

     Happy (belated) Easter! I hope all of you had an awesome Easter and ate lots of chocolate for me! They don't celebrate Easter or really recognize the holiday here, but it was still a really good day! Sister Dolben and I had an Easter miracle that we have been waiting for since we became companions. 

     So the Lord has REALLY been testing our patience and faith this transfer. A lot of the investigators that Sister Redd and I were meeting with have been ignoring me and sister Dolben ever since Sister Redd left, which is so sad because I thought they had a lot of potential. Sister Dolben and I determined from the start of the transfer that we were going to get a lot of new investigators. Well, that is easier said than done. Week after week went by with no success of finding new investigators. We were talking to so many people and working so hard, but the new investigators were not coming like we expected. So last Sunday, Sister Dolben and I decided to fast together that we would find a new investigator this week. We knew the Lord was testing our faith and patience big time, but we were determined to keep working hard with no doubts, only faith. We talked to a lot of people this past week and rescheduled a couple of people with a lot of potential, and we even had a turn over scheduled from sisters in the Kowloon area, but all of our lessons fell through. We had scheduled to meet a woman we met on the street a couple weeks ago named Ms. Gei or Gei Siu Je and she was  our last hope at getting a new investigator this week. And she came! We were able to teach her about the plan of salvation and she took the lesson so well! We read the Book of Mormon with her and she said she had a really nice feeling as she was reading and both Sister Dolben and I were like "Yessss!" on the inside (obviously we couldn't say it out loud, but we were both thinking it haha!). She is coming to church Sunday and we are going to meet with her afterwards. EASTER MIRACLE! Our weeks are from Monday to Sunday and this all happened late last night, so the Lord literally could not have given us Gei SJ any later.

     My testimony of prayer and fasting is so strong and has grown SO much! I know the Lord was answering our fast and I know it's because we had total faith that this companionship fast was going to bring so many miracles. The Lord hears and answers our prayers; it just may not be in the way or time-frame we expect it to be. Never lose faith in the Lord. If you have a problem or really want the Lord to answer you, fast and pray for it. I promise that the combination of fasting and prayer will truly bring you miracles and blessings. Don't expect it to come according to your plans, but trust that it will come according to the Lord's plans and that He knows what's best for you. 

     The week wasn't too interesting except for that, but I hope you enjoyed hearing about my Easter miracle :) I hope all of you have a great week and enjoy general conference! Watch it for me! Because of the time difference, we don't get to watch it until April 9th and 10th, but I am SO excited! Conference is the best time of the year! You learn so much and the speakers are always so inspiring and powerful. I hope everyone gets a chance to watch it! I love all of you and I will talk with you next week!
Scripture of the Week: Ether 12:6 The Lord will perform miracles after the trial of your faith. 
Quote of the Week: The past is learned from, not lived in. Faith is always pointing towards the future. (Elder Dube)

Sister Maggie Shiffert


​We discovered there are a lot of stores in Yuen Long that sell items in bulk that are so much cheaper than in the grocery store, so Sister Dolben and I went a little crazy one night... Haha!


​Easter dinner! Pork chops, rice, and veggies with an onion gravy sauce thing :)


​EASTER MIRACLE! One new investigator!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment