Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day!

Leihdeih Hou!

     First of all I want to wish all the mothers Happy (Belated) Mother's Day! I hope all of you had a wonderful day and felt truly loved! I love all of you and all of your examples! But I especially love my mom. She is so amazingly wonderful! She is so supportive of me and everything I do and she even takes care of me from halfway across the world. She is strong even in the midst of trials and a great example to me. I couldn't ask for a better mom! I love you Mom!

     Things are going good on this side of the world. The weather is starting to get ridiculously hot and humid and the mosquitoes are out in full force. I put on bug spray but that doesn't seem to phase them (they're relentless here!). Bring it on summer!

     We did have a miracle this week! One of our recent converts Nikki cancelled her lesson so we went finding. While we were out, we ran into this 16 year old girl named Ting ting and she had actually talked with missionaries before. We rescheduled her for the next day and we ended up meeting with Ting Ting and her friend A-Miu who she was talking with before we met with her. So we have two new investigators! We were disappointed that Nikki had cancelled the lesson, but it all worked out for a reason because we were able to get two new investigators from it. The Lord works in mysterious ways! So every time we have a lesson cancelled, we know it's for a reason. 

     Now, we are going to go visit an investigator the Mandarin elders are teaching and she is going to teach us how to cook authentic Chinese food, so I'm looking forward to it! I can bring back some of Hong Kong with me! :) I hope all of you have a great week and know that I am thinking about you! I love you all!
Scripture of the Week: Proverbs 31:10 A virtuous mother is more valuable than all the rubies in the world
Quote of the Week: To all mothers in every circumstance...be peaceful. You are doing better than you think you are. Believe in God and yourself (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

Sister Maggie Shiffert

Lacking in pictures this week, but here is a copy of the picture of all of us with Elder Stevenson (I'm on the far right in the front with the red shirt)

And here is our apartment picture before Sister Chi left to go serve in Kowloon.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment