Sunday, April 2, 2017

#PrinceofPeace

Leihdieh Hou!

     The miracles are still coming in Cheung Sha Wan, but not in the ways we expect.Sister Percival is awesome and super patient with me. It has been crazy the past couple of days, but she's a hard worker and has a go-with-the-flow attitude that keeps my stress ball in check lol!

     Icy came to church again this week which was a miracle! She hasn't come to church 3 times in a row since she started investigating almost 3 years ago. She is really putting forth her effort so we are going to start teaching her again this week and see what's changed and what her desires are right now.
     Our other dropped investigator Ruby also came to church! She actually woke me up at 6am to tell me that she was coming haha! She realized she hasn't been in over a month and said she wants to repent and change for her mom and her daughters because she feels like she hasn't helped them and that she's not worthy to be a mom because of all the mistakes she's made. We aren't going to start teaching Ruby quite yet because I want to see if she will come to church a couple more times on her own, but Bishop wants us to focus on her daughters and see if they have any interest in the gospel. I was super excited to see both Icy and Ruby at church! They are starting to progress and repent on their own and it goes to show and act of faith can bring lots of miracles in your life but more importantly the lives of others.
      It's funny because the investigators we have dropped are the ones who came to church whereas the ones who have baptismal dates didn't. I wouldn't say either is solid right now and will probably be pushed back. I am really worried about Lucy. She didn't show up to her lesson with us and hasn't been ansering our calls or texts. I know she was trying to decided if she should be baptized on April 22nd and she was in the process of praying about it. A part of me is afraid that between her friend and her mom, she got anti-ed. I'm trying to stay positive and say that Lucy really wants to figure this out on her own without anyone's influence so she's waiting for her answer before she sees us again. At least that I what I hope is true!
     The new Easter video is out and it is SO AMAZING! Seriously worth 2 minutes of your life to watch it. Just go to mormon.org to see it :) The theme for this year is #PrinceofPeace. I know that through the Savior and His Atonement, all of us can have that peace that is promised to us. We don't have to worry about what trials we face because we can have the assurity that the Savior is right there ready to give us feelings of peace and comfort. I hope all of you had a great week and enjoyed general conference! I get to watch it this week so be prepared for some highlights in my email next week :) I love all of you! Have a great week!
Scripture of the Week: 1 Corinthians 14:33 The Lord is the author of peace, not confusion.
Quote of the Week: The Savior gives us peace, not in the world's way, but in His way (Henry B. Eyring)
Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹

We hiked Lion's Rock last Monday which was pretty hard but so worth it at the top!

Hello Honk Kong!

Sister Percival is the cutest :)

Still got it! (Sort of....) Props to Sister Percival for the awesome action shot!

Dramatic pictures are a must ;)​

My step-trainer Sister Dolben came back to Hong Kong!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment