Sunday, March 26, 2017

If There's Sunshine in Your Heart

Leihdeih Hou!

     This week has been going pretty good! My new companion is Sister Percival and fun fact, she is from Wales :) She is super awesome and willing to step up and make the work seem like it is 50/50. She also has some good ideas that we are going to try. I have had so many companions on my mission, but I like it because with new people comes new ideas on how to do the work. I'm willing to try whatever to help these people progress and find the elect :)
     Our investigator Lucy is doing good. She said that she prayed about her baptismal date and thinks she got her answer but isn't sure. Her mom told her that she shouldn't be baptized because she doesn't have enough knowledge yet, but Lucy wasn't sure if this was God's answer to her prayer or not. She wants to pray again to make sure that is what God wants her to do. If there is a stupor of thought, I want to say that was not God's answer. I really feel like Lucy could be baptized on April 22nd, but she needs to come to that conclusion on her own. Between her mom's answer this week and her friend trying to bash the church last week, it's a little stressful for me to know how to help Lucy, but Lucy seems to be staying firm and is learning the process of prayer and how it works. There is always a silver lining in any challenges that come our way!
     We also had the miracle at church of both Icy and her daughter Yuki coming to church! I was so happy to see them come! Especially Yuki! She has only been to church a couple of times the whole time she's been investigating and this was my first time seeing her at church. They came for sacrament meeting and stayed for a linger-longer lunch and a baptism the elders were having. I am honestly super impressed with Icy. For her to come two Sundays in a row without us persuading her is a huge blessing and miracle! She said she will come next Sunday too, so I hope she does! She has been progressing so well on her own, so I hope she is realzing the blessings that are coming from her acts of faith and diligence.
     We were also able to teach a new investigator Winitha yesterday. She has been having family problems and asked God what she should do and then she got a call from us a couple days later. We brought up baptism with her at her first lesson and then yesterday she said that she wants to know more about about our church and the Book of Mormon before she says she'll be baptized. She loves to read so she was super interested in reading the introduction of the Book of Mormon. We told her to pray about it and we'll talk about baptism more next time we meet. I really hope she recognizes God's answer to her prayer that everything we have been telling her is true!
     The Lord is continuing to bless us with miracles in Cheung Sha Wan and I am so happy that I have another transfer to serve here! I love doing this work and helping these people understand the blessings and happiness that come from living this gospel! Sometimes it's hard because I am putting my whole heart and soul into bearing testimony of the truthfulness of what I am saying, but people still don't seem to fully understand. You just have to give them time. The Lord will help them realize things for themselves with their own personal experiences and that is when you know they are truly converted to Christ. I hope all of you have a great week and look for the numerous blessings the Lord is giving you. I promise they are there! :)
Scripture of the Week: Alma 5:26 If you change your heart, you can feel the song of redeeming love from our Heavnly Father.
Quote of the Week: For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude (Thomas S. Monson)

Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹

Sister Yost and I were able to go to the temple before she left!

And then we were in a trio with Sister Perciaval for a day so we went soap cycling :)

Sister Percival!


​Icy and Yuki came to chruch! :)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment