Sunday, March 19, 2017

You Can Do It Now

Leihdieh Hou!

     Things are going good! The area is starting to pick back up which is exciting :) We are working on working better with our ward leaders and really building them up and supporting them. Finding is going okay. Most of our time right now is making former calls. That seems to be the most effective way of finding right now for this area. We are able to meet with a couple formers and hopefully they will be new investigators this week!

     Miracles are still coming! It never amazes me how much the Lord helps out with this work! We had Lucy at church and she still seems really solid for her baptism date on April 22nd. And then we had the surprise of Icy coming to church at 10am! If Icy comes to church, it is always at 11am because getting up is a big struggle for her. She didn't know we were in Sunday School at the time so she ended up attending the Sham Shui Po sacrament meeting. I was so excited to see her! We dropped her but she is starting to come back on her own. She told me that she is going to start coming to church at 10am every Sunday. For Icy, this is a huge step. I don't think we will start teaching her again quite yet, but she is starting to apply her faith and use her agency. We taught her how to fish and now she is starting to fish on her own.  

     Sister Yost goes home this week which is super sad! :( I love her so much and she helped me so much this transfer! I have learned so much from Sister Yost and I am so happy she served with me these past few weeks. She is such a solid missionary and has helped me come out of my shell a little and taught me what it means to really love people and know what their needs are. She is awesome! I love her! 

     We have had a few heart to hearts and it has made me really reflect back on my mission and how I've changed. Have I changed? I think I have. I hope I have! We gave a training this past week based on a talk by President Uchtdorf called "You Can Do It Now!" which was about going forward no matter how many times you stumble and fall. We cap ourselves so much by giving excuses for why we are not better or why we can't do something, but we can put those caps away! When you cap yourself, you cap God. He knows your potential. You can live up to that potential. You just have to have a positive attitude and tell yourself "I can do it now!" Or in Cantonese, we say "Jouh la!"  Haha! It all has to do with your mentality. We are always stumbling and falling, but when we stumble, we stumble forward. It's never too late to change! This mission has been the biggest blessing in my life and I want to make the most of it every second!

     I love all of you and hope you have a great day! Times flies so make the most of it!
Scripture of the Week: Romans 15:13 Joy, peace, and hope are possible through the power of the Holy Ghost. 
Quote of the Week: I can promise you that the Spirit is a lot more anxious to help you than you are to be helped (S. Dillworth Young)

Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹


​I love Sister Yost! :)

I got to go on exchanges with this cutie last week :) New T's all over again! But in Lion Rock haha!


Meet Heui Ji Muih and her son Walter with our member Luk Hing Daih :)

Make-up activity for the girls and their friends! 


These girls are so cute!


Breakfast with the sisters in our zone!



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment