Sunday, April 30, 2017

Called to Serve

Leihdeih Hou!

     Well, since I am coming home this Friday, I guess this is my last email to all of you! These past 18 months have FLOWN BY! It honestly doesn't feel like that much time has gone by. I just started my mission a couple months ago right? Feels like it haha! I would serve a mission forever if I could, but now it's time to more on to another chapter of life. I tend to have delayed reactions to things so it hasn't really hit me that I am going home this week. I feel like I am just going to continue to carry on as normal with lessons and studies and trainings and what not for the next few months.

     Not much to report on with Cheung Sha Wan this week. Sister Percival has been an awesome companion and I am so glad that she is going to take over Cheung Sha Wan. She is going to be a great trainer, and her and her trainee are going to make some big miracles happen! They can have some fun adventures together trying to get familiar with the area! (I'm still learning myself haha!)

    People always says missions are hard, but you really don't fully understand what they mean by hard until you actually serve one. Missions are hard; they aren't meant to be easy. I love the MTC talk Elder Holland gave years ago where he said that if we are suppose to be like the Savior and serve the way He served, then we can't possibly think that we will get by without having a taste of what He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane. I've had challenging days, trials of faith, and circumstances that just make me want to cry, but all of those little stumbling blocks are just experiences for the better. I look back on my mission and think about all the experiences I've had, but happy and sad, and I think the best times on my mission were the ones where I had huge trials. Yes, they were hard in the moment, but the growth I experienced because of those challenges was completely worth it. Every challenge we face may seem like it's holding us back, but in reality, it's just bringing us one step closer to Christ. I think that is one of the major lessons I have learned on my mission. 
   
     Serving this mission has meant the world to me and it has changed me forever! I was reluctant to come on a mission but the Lord knew what was best for me and what would bring me the most happiness. I've said it a lot but I'll say it again. choosing to serve this mission has been THE BEST decision I have ever made! I am so blessed to serve in such an amazing mission and I am so grateful for all the people I have met along the way. The main reason I came on a mission was to see the change this gospel can bring into people's lives. This gospel was brought me so many blessings and so much happiness/joy and I wanted others to experience it as well. I've seen miracles happen in both Yuen Long and Cheung Sha Wan and I know they are only going to continue come for the missionaries serving there. I did a lot of planting seeds so now it's time for other missionaries to reap the harvest :) It's sad to be leaving the China Hong Kong Mission, but I know I can continue to serve the Lord when I get home!

     I hope all of you have a good week and I will see you soon! I love all of you! I'm glad I was able to share all my experiences with you these past 18 months :) Hopefully you enjoyed reading them and was able to learn something from them as well. 我愛你地!

Scripture of the Week: Doctrine and Covenants 80:3 It doesn't matter where you serve because you can't go wrong when serving the Lord

Quote of the Week: A missionary is not called to a place; rather, he or she is called to serve. 

Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹

I went back to Yuen Long last week for P-Day and was able to see people like Jessie!

Yip Ji Muih!

AMay!

Apple!

Alice!

Our member Tong Fong :)

And dinner with Yeung Family

I am going to miss real Chinese food!

Yim Ji Muih is the best! (she made the food in the picture above) 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment