Sunday, October 2, 2016

Still Going Strong

Leihdeih Hou!

     I'm afraid this is going to be another short email. But don't worry because we get to watch General Conference this weekend so there will be plenty for me to say next week! :) I can't believe it came so quickly! The past 6 months have flown by so it snuck up on me! Sister Luk and I have been working hard and seeing some blessings along the way. The Lord was giving us a little test of faith the past couple weeks, but I think we showed He we can weather the storms and find the rainbows on the other side. 

     We have started visiting our investigator Fung Taai again so that's good! We dropped her back in August but revisited her to see if she had progressed at all. She hasn't had that big of a change, but she was really excited to see us and seemed to really listen to what we had to say. She is still a pohpo (grandma) who forgets a lot of things, but I think she might be ready this time to learn about the gospel. We will try for a few weeks and see how it goes! 

     Sister Luk is doing awesome as always! We are almost done with her training and I feel like she has grown a lot since she first started her mission. She is definitely a better teacher and I think overall a spiritually better missionary. I am excited to hear about the miracles she will experience on the rest of her mission. We are working on her prayers in English so it will be more natural when she goes to Minnesota and one less thing she has to worry about adjusting to in the field. Sometimes we pray in English and it is becoming one of the hardest things for me. It' feels so weird! Everything I want to say is in Cantonese so I have to quickly translate it to English. It's a challenge to pray in English, but I guess it is a good challenge to have haha! 

     There is a story that our bishop shared with us that put some things into perspective for me this week. There are two missionaries. One missionary goes out and spends most of his mission street finding and knocking on doors but doesn't have any baptisms. A few years later another missionary serves in the same area and has 10 baptisms. Who was successful? Each of them are successful in their own ways. But the truth is, if the first missionary wasn't out there finding and planting seeds, then the second missionary wouldn't have had those baptisms. That is what Sister Luk and I are doing right now. We are planting seeds and even though we may not see the fruits of our labor, I know that some missionaries in the future are going to find those prepared people. We may not help these people get baptized, but by at least introducing the gospel to them, we are helping them move one step closer to the Savior 

     I love all of you! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! The Lord is definitely blessing me and this area. I am glad all of you were spiritually nourished affter watching General Conference, and if we didn't have a chance to watch it, then go to lds.org and you can see all the session there! Have a great week! 
Scripture of the Week:.Mosiah 24:14-16 the Lord won't take away our afflictions, but He will ease the burden. 
Quote of the Week: The Lord did not make it easy, but He made it possible (Elder Dallin H. Oaks)

Sister Maggie Shiffert

It was Sister Luk's birthday yesterday so we had to match! Comp unity! :)

We have discovered ice cream cookie sandwiches are better than birthday cake haha! 

So you know how we have been having cockroach problems? Well, we gave them to our neighbor....and this is the note she left on the door. It basically says we gave her cockroaches and she is very angry and confused and we need to solve our cockroach problem faster. Oops! 



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment