Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Joy of General Conference

Leihdeih Hou! 

     There wasn't anything too exciting that happened this week with the work, but General Conference was definitely the highlight of the week! I always love listening to conference and receiving the personal revelation that comes from it. I swear those are the fastest 10 hours of my life! All of the talks were really good and all things that I needed to hear. There were so many quotes that stood out to me and I received some really good insight as to how I can help all the people I serve. They talked a lot about the Atonement, overcoming challenges, the Sabbath Day/sacrament, missionary work, and prayer and I feel like if you can have a firm testimony of these things, then there is nothing stopping you from receiving the Lord's help and blessings. These were some of the quotes that stuck out the most to me from conference:

When you pray, do you really want "not my will but thine be done"? (Juan A. Uceda)
He doesn't want us to suffer longer, but He wants us to come unto Him so He can make our burden lighter (Carole F. McConkie)
Stumbling blocks can be turned into stepping stones (Quentin L. Cook). 
Don't search for things that aren't meant to be revealed/understood now because you will miss the plain and precious truths right in front of you (W. Mark Bassett)
He believes in us even if we don't believes in ourselves (J. Devn Cornish)
Sharing the gospel with others is not a pass/fail test (Neil L. Andersen)
As you look to The Book (or Mormon), you look to the Lord (Gary E. Stevenson)
Be ambitious for Christ (Kazuhiko Yamashita)
Joy has nothing to do with the circumstances of life but on the focus of life (Russell M. Nelson)
The course of life we are pursuing in in accordance to God's will (David A. Bednar)
We can know that in our afflictions, God had prepared compensating blessings (Evan A. Schmutz)

     I am so grateful that we have to opportunity to listen/watch conference twice a year! I know that this gospel is true and it is the only way to have true and everlasting joy and happiness. If we follow these teachings and principles, we will be able to obtain the Lord's blessings and have true joy and overcome any challenges that we may face. I'm so glad I have this opportunity to share this message with the people of Hong Kong and I know there are blessings and miracles out there for all of us who share this light with others! I hope all of you have a great week!
Scripture of the Week: 1 John 4:16 Have that charity for others and love them as your brothers and sisters.
Quote of the week: All of us have the mantle of charity (Jean B. Bingham)

Sister Maggie Shiffert
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment