Sunday, October 23, 2016

Really??? Are You Sure???

Leihdeih Hou!

     This week has been pretty good! It's also been bittersweet thought because Sister Luk leaves me tonight to go to Minnesota tomorrow! :( I am going to miss her SOOO much!!! :( I seriously don't want her to leave!!! But I know the Lord has bigger and better plans for her in Minnesota. Sister Luk has been and amazing companion and I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to train and serve with her. She works so hard and is super humble. She has turned so many weaknesses into strengths and she continues to grow daily. I have complete confidence in her! She is super nervous about going to Minnesota, but I guess ready or not Minnesota, here she comes! Things are definitely going to be different around here, but I am excited for her. She is going to be the most amazing missionary ever and have so many miracles and blessings! 
     
     We met with Alice yesterday and the lesson went really well! Actually during sacrament, she was asking about how many lessons she still needed to have before she could get baptized. We were planning on inviting her to be baptized again but this time have her set the date instead of us, so I'm glad the Lord was putting all of us on the same page. During her lesson, Alice expressed to us that she has been thinking about baptism recently and was thinking about Christmas Day but didn't know if that was a Sunday or not. Well, it turns out it is! It's crazy because we were thinking about December 18th or 25th. So December 25th is Alice's new baptismal date! She really has progressed a lot since we first met her and I think now that she is starting to realize things for herself and build her testimony, she is going to definitely be ready by then. 

     Laahn Je is doing really good too! She still has some conflicts with the member Yip Ji Muih who lives in the same place as her, but she is starting to remember more and more gospel related things and continues to have the desire to learn more. Pohpos are my favorite! Honestly when we met her on the street and gave her a Book of Mormon, I thought we would never hear from her again, but she is progressing and growing and becoming one of my favorite people! She's so cute!

     We had Mission Tour this week and Elder Wong from the Area Seventy came and spoke to us. He is so funny but so good at the same time! We did a sihfaahn (role play) where we had to two minutes to teach and practice our teaching skills, and we were volunteered as the missionaries to teach President and Sister Lam (our investigators) while 50+ missionaries and Elder Wong watched us. It was definitely a little nerve wracking to have all those people watching us teach, but we survived haha! Elder Wong also shared a really good anaolgy between us and the story of the brother of Jared. I don't have time to explain the story (you can read it in Ether 2-3 if you want to know how it goes), but the analogy is that the two stones that provide light in the barges represent our companionship serving two by two. The stones were touched by the finger of the Lord but us missionaries have also been touched by the Lord. We are the stones that light the way for the barges (investigators and families) to go to the promised land (back to God's presence). It always amazes me when people make connections like that because it just makes me look at those stories with a different perspective and it makes them more personal to me. I think I might do that more with the people we teach to help them better understand how this gospel can apply to their lives. I don't know if my brain can function like that, but I'm going to try!

     I hope all of you have a great week this week! I will talk to you next week!
Scripture of the Week: D&C 78:19 Have an attitude of gratitude and you will be blessed 100 fold
Quote of the Week: We walk on diamonds but can't distinguish them from pebbles (Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
Sister Maggie Shiffert

We went to a member's house to celebrate the Hong Kong temple president leaving so these are us with some of the members!

That fun moment when you walk up to a member's house and see your mission president and his wife there! Hey, President and Sister Lam!


Us with the elders and Katherine in the middle will be leaving soon to go to Canada for her mission. 

We don't want to be separated! :(

Last apartment selfie! 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment