Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

Leihdeih Hou!

     Happy Halloween everyone! This week has been pretty good! I have been in a trio with Sister Leonard and Sister Viazzo again for the past week (trio adventures part 2!) so that's been exciting! Our schedule this past week has definitely been craziness, but we have managed to make it work! It's been a little harder adjusting to Sister Luk leaving because she was seriously the best companion I could have ever asked for, but I know she is doing amazing things in Minnesota and being a miracle worker in that mission :)

     I can't be too sad though because I am getting a new companion this Thursday so that's exciting too! We got our moves calls last night and I am staying in Yuen Long but they won't people where they are moving to and who their new companions are until tomorrow. So we shall wait and see! I am SO happy to be staying in Yuen Long! :) Who wouldn've thought I would stay in my baby area for a year? That's crazy! I'm not complaining though! Haha! Miracles are happening and the Lord is hastening His work here. I am ready to see what comes next! I am super sad though because 2/3 of our district is leaving. Sister Luk already left and now Elder Cornilles, Elder Sharp, and Elder VanDyke are leaving! So it's just me and Elder Herzog staying. Super chaam! :( All of the elders in our district are so amazing and our unity has grown so much over the past 6 months together, but I know they are going to continue to be amazing wherever they serve next.

     On the bright side of the week, we had another crazy miracle of finding two new investigators! Their names are Carson (11 years old) and Winnie (10 years old). Their mom Cat is actually a less active who hasn't been to church for years because of work. Well, one of our members Sister Chu has been talking with Cat on Facebook for the past 7 years (never actually met in person) and invited her to a baby shower our ward was having. Cat doesn't have to work on Sundays anymore so she is ready to come back to church. Her wants her kids to learn about the gospel and be baptized so badly. We met with all three of them after English class and Carson and Winnie accepted the invitation to be baptized on November 27th! We taught them a very simple message, but the Spirit was SO strong. When we were talking about baptism, Cat started to cry and Carson cried when we extended the baptism invitation. This is seriously a miracle family! They came to church yesterday and stayed for a baptismal service the elders were having and it was just amazing! It's so true that when you put forth your best effort and diligently persevere, the elect start to come and find you. They may not come immediately, but they will come! Cat and her children are definitely one of the elect and super prepared for the blessings this gospel has to offer. 

     Well, that's all the excitement I have for this week. Happy Halloween everyone! Be safe when trick-or-treating and eat a lot of chocolate for me! :) I love you all!  
Scripture of the Week: Joshua 24:15 I am chosen to serve the Lord. Who will you serve?
Quote of the Week: Service is not something to endure but enjoy (Elder Carl B. Cook)

Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹 


I love our district so much! (Left to right: Sister Luk, me, Elder Sharp, Elder VanDyke, Elder Herzog, Elder Cornilles) 

We had temple day last week! Seriously a blessing to have one close by!



This is Carson, Winnie, and Cat! Cutest family! :)


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment