Sunday, September 4, 2016

It's Your Will, Not My Will

Leihdeih Hou!

     So there isn't much to report on this week but I have some pictures to keep you updated on life! :) The work is going okay. Sister Luk and I are continually working really hard and trying to figure out what the Lord has in store for Yuen Long. I am glad that we can be together for another transfer! She works so hard and has a lot of faith. She is so funny and we have so much fun together. Her English is improving and her teaching skill are awesome and she is just super wat gei (powerful)!

     We are learning what it means to be humble though and how the Lord's plan are not our plans. Our investigator Alice was supposed to be baptized in two weeks but we have officially moved her baptism date to October 2nd (Sister Luk's birthday!). Sister Luk and I were going back and forth about whether we should move her date or not and couldn't get a clear answer. I really, really didn't want to move it but the Lord had other plans for her. Alice was doing fine until she learned about the Word of Wisdom and how she would have to give up green tea. We have been working with her the past couple of weeks to overcome this challenge, but she doesn't have the full desire to keep it yet. Sister Luk and I sat down with her and had a long talk with her about the commandments and her baptism and tried to figure out what we could do to help her. We decided that while Alice is working on giving up her green tea, we are going to give up our favorite foods until she gets baptized (for me it's boloh baau which is pineapple bread). We thought this would be a good way to show her we love her and want to support her. Alice seemed a little more willing to truly work towards keeping the Word of Wisdom. I really think she is going to start keeping it this week. I have faith in her! She just needs more faith in herself and in Christ. 

     I know the Lord has a plan for Alice. I just don't know what it is because it is definitely not what I was expecting. I have to trust the Lord though. He knows His children better than I do. We are accepting His will and seeing where the Lord is going to take us and Alice. Alice is honestly awesome and now we have more time where we can really help her have a strong testimony in this church and this gospel and Jesus Christ. I would rather push back her baptism date and strengthen her testimony than force her to be baptized and have her less active within a year. I know moving Alice's baptism date is part of the Lord's plan for Alice. It's not my will, but the Lord's will and this is His work so that's all that matters! :)

     I hope all of you have a great week! Keep smiling and keep enjoying life!
Scripture of the Week: Psalm 62:8 Trust in god. He is our refuge in this crazy life. 
Quote of the Week: Even though we may feel lost in the midst of our circumstances, God promises the hope of His light (Dieter F. Uchtdorf)

Sister Maggie Shiffert

We found Subway! I was so happy! :)

We spent P-Day in Tism Sha Tsui last week! I love Sister Luk!
Look at Hong Kong Island!

That's some unity right there!

I love going to TST and seeing the island!

We had zone conference this past week and these are all the sisters from New Territories, Macau, and International zones (plus Elder Rostedt, Chen, and Ashton haha!)
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment