Monday, September 12, 2016

Be Thou Humble

Leihdeih Hou!

     The work is moving along in Yuen Long! We have been meeting with new people this week, but they all ended up not being in our area so we will have some turnovers next week. It's okay though because we are all on the same team doing the Lord's work! I have not been able to see Sister Luk as much this past week because we are busy planning zone training, but we are overall doing good. Sister Luk is seriously amazing. She works really hard and is always has the best attitude towards things. This week hasn't been the easiest, but she keeps her head up and a smile on her face.

     Alice is doing okay, but we really need prayers for her! We met with Alice yesterday and she told us that she thinks things are going too fast for her and that her desire to be baptized is not really there right now. She knows that she needs to be baptized but she hasn't had a definite feeling that "yes, I need to be baptized." She says she knows she will have that feeling at some point, but so far it hasn't come so she just wants to take things slow. It made me so sad to hear her say that! Sometimes you wonder as a missioanry if there was anything more you could have done or what you should have done differenly, but in reality, you do all you can and try your best and then the Lord takes care of the rest. I seriously love Alice SO much and I want to help her so badly. I know how much this gospel blesses lives and sometimes I get a little too excited. Everyone is different and that's okay. Alice is one that likes to take things slower so that's what we are going to do. It's not my timing or will but it's the Lord's. This is definitely a trial of my faith and humility. I don't know what direction is best for Alice right now, but I do know the Lord is going to work with us so we can help Alice. Now we are going to take a few steps back and really make sure she has a solid foundation to build her testimony on. We are going to help her figure things out for herself because that is when the greatest conversion happens :)

     Sorry this is so short, but I hope all of you have a great week! I miss and love you! :)
Scripture of the Week: 2 Nephi 28:30 You do things line upon line, precept upon precept. It's the little things that matter most to create something wonderful.
Quote of the Week: A sacrifice isn't really a sacrifice because you get so many blessings from it.

Sister Maggie Shiffert

Eating taam jai is the classic missionary thing to do :)I

We bought a Pikachu cotton candy! And it was less than $4 USD! I was not passing up that opportunity haha!

The Mid-Autumn Festival is this Saturday so members have been giving us mooncakes! I think they taste okay la, but a lot of missionaries love them! It's hard to describe what they taste like because there is nothing like them in America.

This is what a mooncake looks like ont he inside. Some have the egg yolk in the middle, like this one, and some don't. 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment