Monday, September 19, 2016

Patience and Parties

Leihdeih Hou!

     This week has had ups and downs. Between Alice and zone training, I was pretty stressed out at the beginning of the week, but Sister Luk was a great companion with her love and encouraging words. It's a good thing she is very relaxed because it balances me out when I am a stress-ball lol! One of the downs from this week though is that Sister Luk got her visa! Noooo! :( She is going to leave at the end of October so at least I still have a few more weeks with her. But I still don't want her to leave! I can't believe she got her visa! However, I know that the Lord called her there so fast for a reason. A special investigator or less active is waiting for her and I know she is going to be an awesome missionary there! 

     We had zone training last week and it went pretty well! It was a more practical/application zone training where we taught them not so much the "what" and "why" but the "how". I think it really helped them see how easy some of these things can be if we put our mind to it. We tried something new where we set zone goals together as a zone so it's not the zone leader/sister training leader goals but the New Territories zone goals. I think this is a better method and hopefully since everyone had a part in setting these numbers, they will be more motivated to achieve them. We are going to continue the Book of Mormon challenge so stay tuned for more miracle stories! Over the past two months, we gave out 987 Books of Mormon! Crazy! 

     The work has been struggling a little thing past week but we aren't quite sure why. We haven't been able to give out as many Books of Mormon or teach as many lessons while finding. Our teaching pool has been getting smaller and people were more busy than usual this past week. So numbers wise, this week was a bit of a struggle. I know there are plenty of prepared people out there, but we just have to keep looking. I know the Lord is testing our faith/humility/patience so we are going to keep going and prayerfully figure out what the Lord wants us to do now. 

     Alice is doing okay though! We are only meeting with her on Sundays now so we taught her yesterday with our bishop. He is honestly super good and I think really helped Alice. A lot of Alice's problems/concerns are ones that she needs to figure out for herself and she needs to have the desire to do so. We will continue to help her have these spiritual experiences and guide her along. I still have total faith the Alice will be baptized, but I need to have patience in the Lord's timing :)

     Lastly, thank you for all of the birthday wishes! I am afraid I wasn't able to respond to all of them today, but please know that I love and miss all of you so much! Thank you for all of your love and support! I can feel it all the way on this side of the globe :) Have a great week!
Scripture of the Week: Romans 5:3-5 Tribulation leads to patience which leads to experiences which leads to hope. 
Quote of the Week: There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting the heavenly virtue of patience is required. (Thomas S. Monson)

Sister Maggie Shiffert

Sister Leonard and I made s'more brownies for zone training but it ended up being s'more brownie batter instead. Oh well! Brownies are brownies and delicious either way! :)

It was my turn to have a birthday cake during district lunch! Haha! I love my district so much!

Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite! I'm so glad the church has an oven!

What's a birthday without a selfie? :)
These sisters are the best! They got me cookies 'n cream ice cream and Digestive cookies (they are kinda like graham crackers but so much better!)

Our apartment is separated right now because they are putting in new floors from where we damaged our with that flood back in June, but luckily stake conference is always on my birthday so we were able to still see each other! ​
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment