Monday, June 6, 2016

Three is Better than Two

Leihdieh Hou!

     This week has been busy but good! Training is going really well. My trainee is named Sister Yao and she is going to be serving in the visitor center in London! She was called Mandarin speaking but she will also be speaking Cantonese and Enlgish, so we are going to help her with her English while she's here. Sister Dolben can teach her how to understand the British accent. No wonder she was put in our companionship haha! Sister Yao is so cute. I love her! She hasn't been to the MTC yet so she doesn't know anything about missionary work but she's doing awesome. She's not afraid to speak up in lessons and is willing to learn and try new things. She's always happy and easy to be around. She studied for a year at BYU-Hawaii so her English is really good which is a relief for me. It's weird only being able to understand half of what your companion is saying, but I'm getting there! Sister Yao is definitely going to help me improve my Cantonese so mhsai daamsaam (Cantonese for "no worries")! It's different being in a trio because you have to balance out lessons a little more and having three people approach one person when finding/street contacting can be a little intimidating, but we are getting along great and having fun. 
     We also officially have 6 stakes in Hong Kong now! We had the special meeting yesterday, Yuen Long didn't change stakes, but Castle Peak Bay and Butterfly are in a new stake now. They had the main event in the Wan Chai church building (that's the biggest one so more people could go there) and then they broadcasted it to all the other stake centers. It was exciting to see all this change happening. The work is growing! A majority of the time we get rejected and feel bummed out sometimes, but we actually rarely see the fruits of our labor. As missionaries, we plant sooo many seeds and don't even know they've taken root. Clearly a lot of the seeds planted long ago have grown and flourished. That is why we have been able to create 2 new stakes. I just keep reminding myself that no effort is wasted. I may not see the results of everyone I have talked to, but I know I've planted seeds for future missionaries to nourish.
     I hope all of you have a fantastic week! Enjoy the summer ans stay cool! I love you all!
Scripture of the Week: Moroni 7:45 If you develop charity, you also develop faith, hope, patience, and diligence. It's impossible to develop one Christ-like attribute without developing other attributes.
Quote of the Week: Love is making space in your life for someone else (Sister Neill F. Marriott)

Sister Maggie Shiffert


Us with Sister Yao!

6 stakes in Hong Kong!




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment