Monday, June 13, 2016

Wait, There's More....

Leihdeih Hou!

     So this week had another surprise in store for me: Sister Dolben got transferred! :( She is now in Cheung Sha Wan which is where Sister Redd went when she left me. I guess I am just going to be sending all my companions to Cheung Sha Wan haha! This was a total shock to us. She is going home in 3 weeks so it's crazy that she would move to a new area for such a short amount of time. It turns out this was an emergency transfer because one missionary went home early and it made more since to take someone from our trio than to make another trio and move everyone around. I was personally not mentally prepared for this for another 3 weeks when she would go back to England. Now I am senior companion and training Sister Yau by myself. All I can say is prayers are a blessing if we ask in faith. 

     I miss Sister Dolben so much! We had some crazy memories together, and she is an amazing missionary. The work never went as expected, but we worked so hard. We may not have immediately seen the rewards of our efforts, but I know we have planted lots of seeds in people's hearts that future missionaries will be able to build upon. Now Sister Yau and I are going to continue to help the work progress in Yuen Long!

     I haven't talked much about the work lately, but we had a huge miracle this week. Remember our golden investigator Jasmine? Well she disappeared in the middle of March. We haven't been able to get in contact with her since we last saw her. We have been trying for the past 3 months to call and text her every week, but we have never gotten a response. We had some time to go finding and I had the feeling to go to visit Jasmine's house. She has a gate in front of her house so you can't know knock on the door and every time we've been, no one's been home. I thought this prompting meant Jasmine would be home this time. Turns out she hadn't come home from work yet, but one of her relatives was there. He didn't say much to us, just that Jasmine was at work and to leave a note for her. I was feeling a little down because I thought for sure we were going to see her. Sister Yau texted her in Chinese (the upside of having a Hong Kong-ian as your companion!) and Jasmine answered within minutes! What?! Huge miracle! However, it was bittersweet because she told us to stop trying to find her. It honestly made me sooo sad to read that because all this time I had hope we would be able to teach her again. It's ok though because now we know. I know she will get baptized one day. Her testimony was too strong not to be. Future missionaries are going to be so lucky to find her again. We will continue to pray for her though. I know the Lord has something special in store for her.

     I hope all of you have a great week! Talk to you next week!
Scripture of the Week: Mosiah 2:23-24 We are forever indebted to Heavenly Father for all of our many blessings. All he expects of us is to drraw closer to Him and strive to become like him.
Quote of the Week: We can't be perfect, but we can progress (Elder David A. Bednar)
 
Sister Maggie Shiffert

Our last photo apartment photo with Sister Dolben! 7 sisters in one apartment.... I think that's a record!


Sister Yau and I had some fun doing tie-dye at an activity a member was having. 

Two sisters had birthdays so we went to Kowloon last Monday to celebrate :)



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment