Sunday, June 26, 2016

Goodbye! Hello!

Leihdeih Hou!
 
     This week coming up is going to be crazy. It's full of hello's and goodbye's. Sister Yau is leaving me tonight to go to the MTC tomorrow. Sister Dolben is leaving on Thursday to go home because she finished her mission. Transfers are this week so this Thursday I will be getting a new companion. And from now until Thursday morning, I am going to be in a trio with the Tin Sau sisters which includes Sister Leonard and Sister Viazzo. And so the Sister Leonard and Sister Shiffert adventures continue! So that's all the updates on all my companions for the week lol!

     I am so sad Sister Yau is leaving me! I have had so much fun serving with her and I hope she has too. She has grown so much in the past month and I am so proud of her! When we are teaching lessons, she constantly amazes me. She works so hard and is so obedient. She tries her best at everything and teaches like a pro. She loves the people we teach and truly has high hopes for them. She has the motivation to do well and desires to overcome her weakenesses. No one is perfect, but she was a great companion. She has truly set an example for me. I was her trainer, but I feel like she trained me more than I did her. Being a trainer has definitely made me learn and grow, and I am so grateful the Lord gave me the opportunity to serve with Sister Yau. It's different being with a companion who doesn't know anything, but it's also rewarding. I wish I could finish training her, but I have no doubt that she will be an amazing missionary in London!

     We also have a new investigator named Alice who is a turnover from the Yuen Long 2 elders! We have been waiting for about a month to meet her so I was so excited when we finally did yesterday. She is super sweet and has a lot of interest and potential. It was a little weird teaching an investigator though because we haven't taught one in so long! At least with less actives, they have heard the doctrine at least once before, but for investigators, this is all new to them so you especially have to make sure you teach very simply and clearly. that's good for me though because I am forever trying to simplify my teaching. Alice took the lesson well though and is willing to do what it takes to learn more about our church and gain a testimony. I'm so grateful we can teach her!

     Also, the miracle of the week: our less active Jessie came to church!!!! I was SO excited to see her! We have been working on getting her to church for 6 months and she finally made the decision herself to go. She told us a couple weeks ago that she was going to come yesterday and she was very definite when we confirmed she would. She had a bad experience in the past in a different ward that made her go less active so she is scared of the members. But because she came yesterday, we were able to show her Yuen Long 1 Ward is awesome and nothing like her old ward. I love our ward and I love Jessie!

     I hope all of you have an awesome week! Enjoy summer while you still can! I love you all!
Scripture of the Week: Mormon 9:21 If you believe in Christ and doubt nothing, you will receive an answer and blessings.
Quote of the Week: God isn't a vending machine so you can't go to Him only when you want something. You have to continuously build your relationship with Him through daily prayers of gratitude.

Sister Maggie Shiffert



We ate dim sum with a member last Monday and it was so good! People couldn't believe I've been in Hong Kong and haven't tried it before.


Our last district photo together!


We have limited opportunities left to get McFlurries together so it called for a selfie :)


Jessie came to church!!!!!!​
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment