Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy (Belated) Father's Day!

Leihdeih Hou!

     Happy (Belated) Father's Day to all the fathers out there! I hope all of you have a great Father's Day and felt loved by all of those around you! I love my Dad so much! He is always so caring and supportive and has always been there to give me advice or help me with anything I may be facing. I'm so grateful to have my dad in my life! I love you Dad!

     So much excitement has been going on this past week. For starters, Sister Yau got her visa last week so she is going to be leaving me next Monday! What?! I just got her and now she's leaving me :( It's okay though. The Lord has some bigger and better plans for her in England. Sister Yau is doing awesome though! I have really enjoyed serving with her and I hope I (and the Lord) have trained her well. She takes what she learns in our trainings and tries to apply them in the lessons we teach that week. She is slowly overcoming her fear of talking to people on the MTR and light rail. Even today she started to talk to someone on her own and gave them a flyer. I was so proud! She knows what she needs to work on and tries her best.She has charity towards our less actives and investigators though and is really positive when we find a potential on the street. For only being in the field for a couple of weeks, Sister Yau is doing great! I'm going to miss her so much!

     Also, we had a nice Father's Day surprise. We all wake up and I'm in the middle of praying when I hear Sister Yau yell, "I need help!" I had no idea what she was talking about but then I walk outside our bedroom and there's an inch of water on the ground! Our whole apartment was flooded! In the middle of the night, a pipe that connects to our washer broke so it was spewing water out like a fire hydrant. We finally got it to stop but then we had the mess of cleaning up the inch of water on the ground. It's times like these when we needed our dads! We managed though. We got out the mop and some plastic containers and started to scoop up the water into buckets. It took about an hour but we finally got most of the water up. About 30 minutes into cleaning, the doorbell rings and it's the security guards. Apparently the neighbor notified them that water was in the hallway.So not only did we flood our apartment, but we also flooded part of the hallway. Oops! Needless to say, we had a very eventful Father's Day! All is well though, the water didn't damage anything too badly and someone came to fix the pipe this morning (They turned off the water yesterday to prevent any more flooding but it got turned back on last night so we still had some water for showers and stuff, just not washing clothes). 

     I hope all of you have a great week this week! I'm out of time, but I'll share more about how the work is going in my email next week. I love you all!
Scripture of the Week: Matthew 6:8 The person we can always go to for anything and everything is our Heavenly Father. He is the best Father. 
Quote of the Week: We believe that far from being superfluous, fathers are unique and irreplaceable. (Elder D. Todd Christofferson) 

Sister Maggie Shiffert


This was an unexpected surprise to wake up to...


​When your apartment has an inch of water literally everywhere and you have to start scooping it up with buckets and plastic containers...

We celebrated our 8 months on our mission and 6 months in the field! Crazy how fast time goes by!


We made brownies for English. Can you tell the culture differences between us? Haha!

We taught English class in a new location this week, and these are all the people that showed up!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment