Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Miracle Worker

Leihdeih Hou!

     Cheung Sha Wan is doing AMAZING right now! We are the busiest we have ever been on our missions and it is a good feeling :) Missionaries like staying busy! Sister Yost is SO amazing and I am so grateful we can serve together her last transfer! I know she is a fighter and she is one of the reasons we are having so many miracles in CSW right now. Sister Yost and I have never had this much success before on our missions and even though we have been on our missions for over a year, we still don't know what to do with ourselves in this kind of situation haha!

     We have been really focusing on calling former investigators to see if they have interest in meeting again. We have also been making it a goal to extend baptismal dates to everyone. It honestly used to scare me to extend the invitations, but the more you do it, the more second nature it becomes. And the answer is always going to be no unless you ask and give them the fair chance of considering it. Ruby has a date for March 10th and it looks pretty solid. Candice, Icy, and Yuki have a date for March 26th, Lucy has a date for March 24th, and Heui Ji Muih has a date for April 23rd. I ablsouletly LOVE all of our investigators! They are all so sweet and special in their own ways. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work with them and help them understand the true joy that comes from living this gospel. I have faith that all of them can be baptized within the next couple months! They are the Lord's elect . No doubt about it.
     We had so many miracle people come to church yesterday and it was crazy. Candice came for about an hour but then she had to go for tutoring lessons. But she still came! :) And then I got a call from Icy right before sacrament meeting saying that she was on her way right now. It was seriously a miracle because she came to church just in time to take the sacrament. Her daugther Yuki who actually has the most potential to be baptized didn't want to get up early, but I'm glad Icy is setting the example for Yuki. And then in the middle of Sunday School, an investigator named Heui Ji Muih came walking in with a less active. I have only seen her briefly once before so I was completely shocked to see her at church. It was her first time coming to church and the ward was welcoming, but she said it was a little boring (she slept through most of sacrament lol). Cheung Sha Wan area is progressing! It honestly makes me so happy! :)
     I honestly don't know what is causing the area to grow/progress so much right now. I just know the Lord is blessing us 1000 fold with miracles upon miracles. Sister Yost and I have not be doing anything different in Cheung Sha Wan from what we have done in our other areas. We have always worked super hard and hardly seen the results of our hard work, but I think the Lord is blessing us now because of the diligence we had before. Alma 32:41-43 keeps coming to mind for me. After your faith, diligence, patience, and long suffering, you reap the rewards. I am learning that lesson more and more on my mission. If you ever feel like nothing is going right or things are not working out, I promise you the Lord has a plan and there are blessing in store for you. I never thought these blessings would come into my life and I know you ahve know idea what blessings are in store for you. Keep going! Your diligence, long suffering, patience, and faith will pay off. I promise :)

     I am honestly SO grateful for all the Lord has done for us! I never would have imagined He would bless us with so many miracles in Cheung Sha Wan. And we are going to keep working hard to keep the miracles and blessings coming. I know none of these miracles are because of us or because Sister Yost and I think we are awesome missionaries. Because we're not. God is. And He is watching over this work and helping us bring these people unto Christ.

     I hope all of you have a great week! Love and miss you all!
Scirputre of the Week: Alma 26:12 We are nothing without God's help and all miracles come from Him when we humble ourselves.
Quote of the Week: Our Heavenly Father did not put us on earth to fail but to succeed gloriously (Richard G. Scott)

Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹









Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment