Sunday, February 5, 2017

February? Already?

Leihdeih Hou!

     Things are going good in Cheung Sha Wan! Chinese New Year is still affecting us a little but hopefully this next week people will be able to meet with us since all the New Year's madness is mostly over. I can't believe it is February already! Time just goes by faster and faster the loner you are out on a mission. People told me that but I didn't truly understand/appreciate that statement until now haha! My days are numbered but I am thankful for every minute that I have to serve this mission and the Lord. Time is precious. Never waste a minute of it! :)

     We had moves calls and I am still in Cheung Sha Wan, but I am SO sad to see Sister Vance leave! She has been an amazing companion and an even more amazing missionary! Sister Vance has been in Cheung Sha Wan for a year so I knew that she would most likely be leaving me, but it still came as a little bit of a shock to me. It was like me leaving Yuen Long, You know it will happen but it really hits when it actually does. I am honestly a little nervous about Sister Vance leaving me so soon. I feel like I just got into this area and now she's leaving me! :( I think the investigators/less actives will continue to meet with us (at least that is what I hope) and I know the ward members will love my new companion Sister Yost (we were in the same MTC group )so that's not a problem :) Things will be good! Cheung Sha Wan will be good! I know Sister Yost works super hard and is an amazing missionary! We are going to be some miracles workers in Cheung Sha Wan! :)

     We had the amazing miracle of our investigator Ruby coming to church this past Sunday! She came for all 3 hours and even stayed for a baptismal service the elders were having after church. We were asked to share a message/testimony while everyone was getting dressed and asked Ruby if she wanted to share her testimony at the baptism. She was too scared but she ended up bearing her testimony to us and explaining how she hopes Christ and this church can help her and her family. It was a very powerful testimony! I really think if we can keep her on this path, she will definitely be baptized in March. I have complete faith in Ruby and really hope I can help her realize all the blessings this gospel has in store for her. I think she is starting to make her little steps of progression and it is exciting to see. 

     We also met with our new investigator Candace again. She is still super solid and amazing! She is able to put things together very easily and it is honestly shocking how fast she learns and accepts this gospel. We taught her about the plan of salvation and she asked some good questions like "Are God and Jesus the same person?", "Why did Christ atone for our sins?", "Who is our Heavenly Mother?", etc. and once we simply explained them to her, she was accepting of it. We also invited her to be baptized on April 22nd and she said that it was a too fast and a huge commitment and she wanted to make sure she wouldn't have any regrets if she got baptized. We told her to pray about it and hopefully we can re-invite her again soon. She probably won't be baptized until June at the latest because she can't come to church until May when school is over, but that's okay. I have no doubts that she will be baptized! She is definitely one of God's prepared children and I am excited to keep working with her! 

     I hope all of you have a great week! Remember that if you ever need anything, get on your knees and say a sincere prayer with real intent, real intent meaning you will act on whatever answer you receive, whether it is your will or not. I know the Lord knows what is best for us and He is there every step of the way, leading us on the road back to Him. I love and miss all of you! Sorry I don't have any pictures this week, but I will next week! :)
Scripture of the Week: John 10:27 His sheep hear His voice and follow Him
Quote of the Week: If you choose to follow Christ, you choose to change (David A. Bednar)

Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment