Sunday, February 12, 2017

Reaping the Harvest of This Work

Leihdeih Hou!

     Things are going really good in Cheung Sha Wan! People are progressing and it's super exciting to see! My new companion is Sister Yost and she is awesome and such a hard worker! I was wondering what the Lord was doing putting the two crippled people together, but I know He has His reason. I have a lot ot learn from her :) I hope that Sister Yost and I will be able to help these people progress even more and help them become converted to this gospel.We are working really hard to build up the testimonies of everyone we work with (members, investigators, less actives) Cheung Sha Wan is really speical and I'm so excited to be working in it with Sister Yost!
     Ruby came to church for the second week in a row and said she would for sure be coming back next week! I was afraid that Sister Vance leaving would really affect Ruby and she would be too upset to meet with us, but she has used that sadness to turn to some church members which is great in my opinion. It makes me feel good to know that she is learning to trust the ward members and the ward will take care of her after I leave.
     We taught Candace this past week and she is still amazing as usual! We taught her about prayer because she had a problem and didn't know how to resolve it and shared Alma 37:36-37 with her. While she was reading it, she asked why she felt like crying. We explained that it was the Spirit and that it was testifying to her that everything we were saying was true. We commited her to reread the scripture at home and she said that when she did, she cried and said God answered her prayer. Candace is so cute because she thinks that there is something weird about her crying so much. We explained that is how she feels the Holy Ghost and everyone is different. She seriously does feel the Spirit SO easily. I have never seen someone in Hong Kong so touched before. I know she is one of the prepared people and I am excited to see her grow in this gospel! :)
     I think one lesson I am realizing I have really learned on my mission is that good things come to those who wait, but you have to be diligently serving while you wait. And they may not come in the ways we expect or when we expect them. Serving a mission is one of the most challenging times, but I seriously cannot think of anything more rewarding! :) We may think our efforts are for nothing or go without notice, but the Lord notices them. And He will bless you in one way or another. Most of my mission has been spent planting seeds, but now I think I am starting to see the fruits of the harvest. I haven't seen the fruits of my personal labors, but I've seen the fruits of the labors of others. And in the end, we are all doing the same work and helping each other. So I will gladly go plant more seeds so that other missionaries can help harvest them.
     I love all of you! I hope you have a very happy Valentine's Day! Spread the love of Christ with those around you. I know all of us can emulate that charity, that pure love of Christ. It is a part of our human nature, so all we need to do is exercise it and make it grow stronger!
Scripture of the Week: John 13:34 Love one another as I have loved you
Quote of the Week: God's love is infinite and will endure forever but what it means for each of us depends on how we respond to His love (D. Todd Christofferson)

Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹


Say hi to Sister Yost! :)​




The first baptismal font in Hong Kong is on display in a museum


PDay fun in Central with other sisters

Welcome to the Lion Rock zone!

I love Sister Vance!



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment