Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year, New Transfer, New Area

Leihdeih Hou!

     Happy New Year! Sanlihn Faailohk! So there have been some crazy things going on lately. The most notable is that you know how I said Sister Meh and I were going to start serving in Yuen Long 2 starting today? Well actually, I AM LEAVING YUEN LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( After serving in this area for a year, the Lord has decided that it is time for me to move on. Starting on Thursday, I will be serving in Cheung Sha Wan which is a very different environment from Yuen Long (more city-like). The funny thing is that is where my trainer Sister Redd and step-trainer Sister Dolben both went when they left. So I am just following in their footsteps! Haha! 

     Words seriously CANNOT describe how much I love Yuen Long!!! Both YL1 and YL2 are very special places and even though they aren't the easiest areas, they are miracle areas. I know the elders and Sister Meh will take care of Yuen Long for me. It's so hard to say goodbye though! :( It's okay. I know the Lord has a plan in store for me. I can't see what the future holds, but I know the Lord can so I am going to have faith in His decision and trust that Cheung Sha Wan is where I need to be. I am super, super sad to be leaving Yuen Long, but at the same time, for some reason I feel at peace with this moves call. I know the Lord needs me in Cheung Sha Wan. I am excited to be in that area and to serve with Sister Vance. I don't know what Cheung Sha Wan is like, but I know that Sister Vance and I are going to make more miracles happen!

     Yuen Long is past week was doing pretty good though! I am leaving on a high note. Alice got the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday which was very special :) We also found a new investigator in YL2 named Vivi! She is actually Indonesian but speaks Cantonese. She has a lot of trials in her life right now, but she is very interested in the gospel. She doesn't understand any church terms in Cantonese, but luckily our bishop's wife is from Indonesia and can help explain some things into Indonesian for Vivi if we mention gospel word. She came to our ward activity and church and likes the feeling she has when she's with us and when she prays. I'm sad I can't teach her because she seems like a very prepared person, but I know Sister Meh will do a good job. 

     This is a new year and a new transfer and a new area. I'm ready to see what 2017 is going to bring! I hope all of you had a happy new year and have a great week this week! 
Scripture of the Week: 2 Corinthians 5:7 We walk by faith not by sight
Quote of the Week: My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight (Gordon B. Hinckley)

Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹 

We went hiking in Yuen Long and this was the view at one point


​I love Yuen Long SO MUCH! 


​You can leave your baby area without taking a selfie!


​I love Sister Meh! (We couldn't get the lighting right...chaam....haha!)


​We ate lunch with our less active Lolo one last time before we moved to YL2
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment