Monday, December 26, 2016

Hong Kong Christmas 2.0

Leihdeih Hou!

     First of all, I hope all of you had a very merry Christmas! Mine was amazing and I loved every moment of it! We only had sacrament meeting so we were able to go to both Yuen Long 1 and 2 wards which was special. After church we had our Christmas miracle of Alice getting baptized!!! She was so happy and she even cried when she bore her testimony. Alice is honestly amazing and every challenge we went through with her made her stronger and better in the end. I was SO happy! :) The best Christmas present ever!

     I also found out some surprising news last week. Our stake president thinks it would be better for one set of missionaries to cover one ward instead of two missionaries covering two wards, so as of next week, I will no longer be in my baby area of Yuen Long 1 :( Sister Meh and I will cover Yuen Long 2 and the elders will cover Yuen Long 1. So I moving across the street haha! I REALLY don't want to leave Yuen Long 1 and all the people I am teaching there, but I know this is what the Lord wants me to do. There is someone in Yuen Long 2 that's waiting for me so now I have to go and find them. I will still get to see all of the ward members and most of the investigators every Sunday, so that's a blessing! 

     There is so much that has happened over the past week but I have no time to write about all of it lol There are lots of pictures to document it so you can read the captions to see what I've been up to lately with all the Christmas festivities! :) I love all of you! Now it's time to get ready for New Year's! :)
Scripture of the Week: Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. 
Quote of the Week: Take. courage. Have faith. Believe in God. (Evan A. Schmutz)
 
Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹


We went caroling with Yuen Long 2 members....


....and then went caroling Yuen Long 1 members later that night!


Us with the elders and Bishop Lau and his wife


​ALICE GOT BAPTIZED! :)


​We love Alice! :)


District present exchange!


​Does my district know me or what? Haha!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment