Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Faster and Faster

Leihdeih Hou!

     This is going to be a short email but I hope all of you had a great week and are lighting the world! The Christmas spirit is starting to fill the air here (even though the weather still feels more like summer haha!) and I am getting so excited for Christmas! I am so happy and blessed that I get to share the Christmas spirit with everyone in Hong Kong, especially those who may not have heard about Jesus Christ before! Time is seriously going by so quickly though! I can't believe this is my second Christmas in Hong Kong! Time needs to slow down but it just keeps going by faster and faster! 

     Our investigators are doing pretty good! Alice had her baptism interview yesterday and she passed! She is going to be baptized on Christmas! :) I am honestly SO excited! I have been on this rollercoaster ride with Alice for the past 6 months, and I think now she really is pretty solid. The Lord is helping her have her own experiences that are building her faith and testimony. I was a little concerned about Alice's interview because when we taught her right before her interview, she didn't have the strongest testimony of Thomas S. Monson and living prophets. She prayed about it before but didn't receive the answer she was looking for, but I think in the lesson, she was able to feel the Spirit confirm to her that what we were telling her about Thomas S. Monson was true. The gift of the Holy Ghost really is one of the best gifts anyone could receive and I am so happy that Alice will receive it on New Year's Day. Baptized on Christmas and receive the Holy Ghost on New Year's. That's the way to end and start the year! 

     So I failed to mentioned this last week, but Sister Leonard was transferred to Tsuen Wan last week! :( We had been living together for 13 months and it was finally time to say goodbye. I can still see her on P-Days and such though, so it's ok :) Now Sister Meh is the new sister training leader with me! It is so nice to have your companion as the other sister training leader because then we don't have to coordinate schedules with another companionship lol

     Sorry this is so short but I love and miss you all! Keep being the amazing people I know you are! :)
Scripture/Quote of the Week: Let the Savior be your caregiver. Lean on His ample arm. Accept His assurance: "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you" (Robert D. Hales)

Sister Maggie Shiffert
施姊妹 


It was our last day with Sister Leonard so we celebrated by eating taam jai! 


It was Laahn Je's birthday last week so we bought cake and had a belated celebration :) Happy Birthday Laahn Je!


​We helped decorate the church for Christmas with some of the members.



​Merry Christmas!


We had dinner last night with our stake president and his wife. I love the Chans!


Then we also ate with the Ng Family.....


​.....
And then the Tsang Family! It was a week full of cheng-outs with members haha! Those don't come every day like they do in America. 

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment