Monday, July 18, 2016

Halfway There and Living Off of Prayers!

Leihdeih Hou!

     So this past week was full of craziness, but it was a good kind of crazy :) Planning for zone training was very crazy, but it all came together nicely in the end. Everyone seemed to like it and we made brookoreos (brownie on top and chocolate chip cookie on bottom with an oreo in the middle). Yummy! 

     We always have plans and actions and we have two actions this month. One is to see how many compliments you can give in one day. It doesn't count if you just say "thank you" so you have to say "thank you for..." So I am extending the invitation to all of you! See how many times a day you can compliment people for their efforts! As you do this, you really do feel a greater love and appreciation for those around you and develop your charity towards others. We have only been doing it for a week and I can tell you, it works! 

     The second action is to give out a Book of Mormon a day so by the end of the month, our zone will have given out 280 Books of Mormon. Crazy, right? No! Super doable! I like this Book of Mormon challenge our zone is doing. When we first brought up the idea and everyone said 1 Book of Mormon a day for a total of 280 Books of Mormon in a month, I thought they were crazy. I had doubts in the beginning because I have probably given out only 5 or 6 Books of Mormon the whole time I've been here. They said a book a day was easily achievable and my first thought was "Maybe in other areas but I'm not sure about Yuen Long." Then after I had that thought I asked myself "Where is your faith in your area? Who's to say you can't give out Books of Mormon in Yuen Long?" 

     The overall theme for our trainings was changing our attitude towards the work and this action of giving out 1 Book of Mormon a day has definitely helped me change. I have been trying to keep all doubts out and only having complete faith. I have total faith that the Lord will help us achieve this goal of giving out a Book of Mormon a day. He's going to help our zone give out 280 Books of Mormon this month. We have already been able to give out 11 Books of Mormon last week and we are only going to give out more. The Lord seriously blesses us for our righteous desires. We have been determined to give out a Book of Mormon a day and the Lord has made it happen by some miracles and blessings. We could only have a few minutes to go finding and the Lord puts in our path one of His prepared children. There are going to be some major miracles in the New Territories this month! As Ezra Taft Benson says, we are going to "flood the [New Territories] with the Book of Mormon!"

     I hope all of you have a fantastic week! I love and miss you all!
Quote of the Week: "The great test of life is obedience to God. The great task of life is learn the will of the Lord and then do it..."
Scripture of the Week: "...The great commandment of life is "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy soul and with all they mind and with all thy strength" (Mark 12:30)" -Ezra Taft Benson

Sister Maggie Shiffert


Time to make brookoreos!


​We were hungry!

Sister training leaders and zone leaders for the New T's! We didn't even plan to match haha! Leadership unity!

We celebrated our 9 months by going to McDonald's (I was outvoted.....) 

Happy 9-months-iversary! :) Halfway there!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment