Monday, January 11, 2016

Short and Sweet and to the Point!

Leih Hou!

     This is going to be a brief email because I am going to try and respond to all the personal emails I have received. If I haven't responded to you or don't get to you today, please know that I'm sorry and I love you and I can feel your love and support! I just haven't gotten my time management figured out yet, but I promise I will one of these days! The Lord makes our weak things stronger right? Haha!

     Quick update on A-May. She received the gift of the Holy Ghost this Sunday, so she is officially a member of the church now! She was so happy and you could tell a difference in her countenance right away. Oh, she is awesome!
 
     So nothing particularly funny happen today but Sister Redd and I have a funny daily occurrence. She is the champion of power walking. I am a slow poke. So her speed walking means I'm half jogging. Sometimes I'm not fast enough so she does what her trainer did to her and says, "Grab my bag!" So here we are walking the streets of Hong Kong with me holding on to Sister Redd for dear life haha! I'm sure we look quite skeptical to some people, but if it gets us to places on time until I can learn to power walk. then we'll do it! :)

     This week we had a zone training, so all the missionaries in the New Territories stake gathered for a training on how to be better missionaries. One topic we discussed was how to build stronger relationships with members. For those of you reading this, let the missionaries help you! We want to help in any way we can, whether it's with service or referrals or anything really! Strong relationships with trust are so vital to missionary work. Don't be afraid to reach out to the missionaries. I promise as you do so, you will come to know and love them, and I know they will show the same love and appreciation!

     That's it for this week, but I will talk with you next Monday! Have a great week!
Scripture of the Week: 1 Nephi 3:7 The Lord will never ask us to do something we can't handle. He will always provide a way for us to accomplish His will. Put your trust in Him.
Quote of the week: Faith in Jesus Christ is a gift from heaven that comes as we choose to believe and as we seek it and hold on to it. (Elder Neil L. Andersen)

Sister Maggie Shiffert

I'm lacking is pictures this week, so here are pictures of the apartment I'm living in!
Kitchen


Living Room​

3 bunk beds side by side so it's like a mega bed


Mine and Sister Redd's office

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment