Monday, December 28, 2015

Teaching and Finding and Christmas, Oh My!

Leih Hou!

     I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! I know I did! Christmas is definitely different as a missionary on the other side of the world, but I enjoyed every minute of it! The missionaries in our zone had a Christmas brunch and party with a lot of games and white elephant gift exchange, President and Sister Lam even came to enjoy part of it with us and to wish us a Merry Christmas. On Christmas Eve, Sister Redd and I went caroling with the ward to less-active/investigator homes. It's so nice to see the power of music, and even if you can't speak the language, the same Spirit is still there. Christmas day we attended the ward Christmas Party which was a lot of fun. I love my ward so much! They always make my days better! And they definitely know how to cook! There was so much good food and they also gave us so much food as Christmas gifts. If this is how they are at Christmas, I can't imagine what Chinese New Year is going to be like!  

     My first full week as a missionary in Hong Kong has definitely been busy! We have lessons everyday and time to go finding (literally walking along the streets trying to find people willing to talk with us for a few minutes). We have seen miracle upon miracle whether is having aless active come to church for the first time in years or finding a member who people have been looking for. The Lord is blessing us more than I could've ever imagined! Even with me and my shyness haha! For those of you who know me, I am generally quiet, so I have to say that randomly talking the strangers on the trains ​is out of my comfort zone. However, I am getting used to it. It makes it harder with the language barrier, but I have learned so many new words and phrases in the past week. I know that with practice and the Lord's help, it will just come naturally and I won't think twice about it. 

     I'm sorry there wasn't much to report on this week. This email and probably the ones from here on out are going to be relatively short due to my time limitations. This week is shorter because I promised pictures, but there are captions for all of them that I guess can count as part of the email :) I know this is a little, but Happy New Year! Sanlihn Faiilohk!

Sister Maggie Shiffert


​Me with my trainer Sister Redd


​​The area outside my apartment (Tin Shui Wai)


​One area where we serve (Yuen Long)


​Christmas breakfast!


​Singdaanjit Faailohk and Sanlihn Faailohk!


​This is totally made out of recycled bottles and bicycle wheels! And it lights up too!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment